Monday, December 21, 2009

7/6 Day Countdown.. Packing Trial #1

Yesterday marked the 7 day countdown. It was quite uneventful because I caught up on much needed sleep.

Today I realized I leave for Paris, France in less than a week, so I decided to do the one thing every traveler must be good at. PACKING. I really hate it! I should be used to it by now because I do travel so much but I'm not. This is the least favorite part of the traveling experience. Nothing ever fits and I get frustrated.

I was really determined to pack mostly everything and make it fit comfortably. I realized that it's a pretty impossible thing to do on the first trial. My little sister helped me pack things into my suitcase.

Packing- Trial #1 went like this:

Me: OK! Let's start
Sis: Ok tell me what to do.
Me: Alright lets start packing all the liquids into a bag.

(At this point the whole room was turned upside down. All of the bags that contained the toiletries were emptied. There was shampoo, razors, creams, loofahs and everything else imaginable on the bed. All of my clothes that needed to be packed were near the space bags. I spaced bags all of the clothes and saw hope.)

Sis: What next?
Me: Put all the socks into the boots.
Sis: What socks?
Me: There was a bag of socks
Sis: Where? It isn't here.
Me: It was just here a second ago. It has to be under you. I just saw it.
(This is where we search for like 10 min to find them under the towels)
Me: How much does the suitcase weigh now?
Sis: 55 pounds
Me: Scheiße (German for SHIT) I give up. I need to stop for today.

I'm glad I started today because I realize I have to cut my clothes by half. Again, I really don't like to pack. I guess it comes with a big trip like this one. Trial #2 will come on Wednesday.

Have a beautiful day/night!


2 comments:

  1. Was your bag 55lbs with EVERYTHING in it or just your boots and toiletries (gosh i hope not - stop using that solid steel shampoo. lol)

    I would set aside everything your planning on bringing so you know how much you have to eliminate, cuz if its 5 lbs, you could just buy your shampoo n comditioner there or something and that'll just about do it :) good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was 55lbs with everything. lol

    I took your advice thanks!

    ReplyDelete