Sunday, January 3, 2010

Je suis arrivée

I arrived in France around 9h on Dec. 28th 2009. The longest day of traveling was finally over but I wasn't in Paris yet.
I was picked up by one of my best friends, Ale #2. It was a funny meeting, I had just passed the doors and went straight towards a phone to call her as soon as it began to ring on my receiver I heard a phone ringing. We were once again reunited and we took off to Cergy, France. Literally not much but some houses and a great business school in this city. We spent the day in Cergy moving Ale from one appt to another and eating and meeting new friends, so in my mind I wasn't really in France just yet because I wasn't in Paris.
One of my French cuties that I met in San Diego really "hooked it up" by letting me stay in his appt. in Paris very close to the eiffel tower. That night we headed out to Paris, the city of lights. It was such a mission lugging aroud everything, I was exhausted!
Even though I was exhausted we ventured out to get a glimpse of the city.
Paris in the winter is much different from the summer, which is the only time I have ever been here before. In the winter it has an aroma of death with an unexplainable magic. I know weird. Death and magic don't usually go together but here it works. I mean death because all of the beautiful plants and trees are literally dead twigs and it's so cold that there are far fewer people outside. But magical because even in this cold and death, Paris knows how to dress it up. For example, we ventured to one of the most famous streets in the world. The street known for its luxurious shops and elegant people and restaurants. The long street where many armies have marched through throughout history and thousands of bicycles have biked through on the Tour de France. Have you guessed yet? The Champs Elysees. It was absolutely beautiful even in the rain and cold, the street was lined with colorful Christmas lights of red and green mixed with the gigantic neon advertisements it was truly a sight to see.
After I caught a glimpse of Paris, we headed back to the appt. First day in France not too shabby.


No comments:

Post a Comment